CIS 542 Week 6 Assignment 2 Electronic HAssignment 2: Electronic Health Care Record NEW
CIS 542 Week 6 Assignment 2 Electronic HAssignment 2: Electronic Health Care Record
Due Week 6 and worth 100 points
As a chief security officer (CSO) for a large hospital, you are charged with securing medical health care records. More recently, senior hospital administrators are seeking to provide a complete online portal for all its doctors and patients. Based on the recent changes brought about by the Affordable Care Act, you are seeking to develop a scenario that affords a secure environment. Patients need to be able to access test results and interact with their doctors that conform to HIPAA regulations. Doctors need to share records, images (X-rays), test results, and the like with other doctors or medical facilities for consults.
Write a three to five (3-5) page paper in which you:
1. Describe the Web-based information technologies (protocols, policies, tools) behind electronic health care medical records.
2. Analyze the security requirements needed to protect the Web-based medical records, especially the requirement to be able to share them with other medical facilities for consults and emergency services.
3. Identify the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) requirements that affect the electronic health care medical records, detailing the technical requirements.
4. Include a Visio or Dia diagram that describes your design.Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length.
5. Use at least four (4) quality resources in this assignment.Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
• Include charts or diagrams created in Visio or Dia. The completed diagrams / charts must be imported into the Word document before the paper is submitted.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Analyze common Website attacks, weaknesses, and security best practices.
• Compare and contrast Web-based risks.
• Use technology and information resources to research issues in securing Web-based applications.
• Write clearly and concisely about Web application security topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.
ealth Care Record