This Tutorial contains following Attachments:
- SOC 120 - Week 5 - DQ 1 - Consumerism and Planned Obsolescence.docx
SOC 120 Week 5 DQ 1 Consumerism and Planned Obsolescence
The purpose of this discussion is to help you understand the growing concerns surrounding consumerism and how this concept is applied to varied contexts. Prepare and post a response to the following prompts:
• Describe consumerism. Describe a specific context and explain what consumerism means in the setting.
• What is planned obsolescence? What role does planned obsolescence play in consumerism? Describe one product or service and explain how planned obsolescence is incorporated into its design. Note: Do not use the same product or service that a classmate has already used in a previous post.
• What are your personal beliefs and biases about consumption?
• Having separated your personal beliefs and biases, use ethical theories and concepts to present how you feel about consumerism and planned obsolescence as societal issues.
Your initial post should be at least 250 words in length. Support your claims with examples from the required resources and/or other scholarly sources, and properly cite any references in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. Respond to at least two of your classmates’ posts by Day 7.
Carefully review the Discussion Forum Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate this Discussion Thread.
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
A B C D F
Enter the code in the box below: