This Tutorial contains following Attachments:
- ENV 310 Week 4 Pests, Pathogens, and Biological Resources Worksheet.docx
ENV 310 Week 4 Pests, Pathogens, and Biological Resources Worksheet NEW
1. Explain the problem of zebra mussels, and invasive species (see Case Study 11.1 in Natural Resource Conservation). Describe their spread in North America. Explain the environmental and economic problems associated with zebra mussels. What are some methods that are being used to control them?
2. Identify a pathogen that has a significant impact on human health. What are its health effects? How is it spread? How might climate change or increased global connectivity (such as international travel) affect the spread of the pathogen? Explain how pathogens might be used in bioterrorism
3. Describe two problems facing marine fisheries. Choose three regulations or economic incentives and explain how they could foster sustainable marine fisheries?
4. Explain the costs and benefits of clear-cutting versus selective cutting when harvesting trees. How does integrated pest management help improve forest health? How do controlled burns and the "Let It Burn" policy contribute to forest health and sustainable forestry
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
A B C D F
Enter the code in the box below: